Minutes of Steering Committee Meeting No.28
Follow up on action items from last meeting:
- M to create two separate documents in order to apply for fiscal sponsorship to Open Life Sciences (OLS)
- i) Succession plan: this document will ensure the committee’s operationalibilty in case of SC members stepping down.
- ii) Dispute resolution and linked from the governance document. Find then Dispute resolution document on the website here.
Discussion on the dispute resolution process
- An agreement has been made on steps 1-7 of the dispute resolution process.
- action item: go back to OLS to clarify what the final tie breaker should look like (a person, random choice etc).
Discussion on succession plan
- An agreement of succession has been made on most scenarios of single or multiple SC members stepping down. Details can be found in the Succession plan document.
Updates on running items:
Update on NZRSE Conference 2023
- talks have been approved and decided on
- See here for the conference website
- We are getting ready for the event.
- Had to use a personal credit card for Zoom Events.
Face to Face meetings
- This is ongoing. We want to email this as part of the regular monthly email.
Senior Advisory Board
- Going to be treated as 2024 thing. I might chat unofficially with senior panelists from RSEAA2023 if I get the chance though.
RSE UK submission
- Johanna is going and going to give a 2 min talk on RSEAUNZ in the leaders meeting
Getting new SC members
- we need new steering committee members
- we need an advisory panel and regular members
- We are considering to change the meeting minute format on the website from pdf to hackmd - agreed
- We want an email template to send after every meeting.
- Link to meeting minutes with one sentence highlight interest - eg. We are currently talking to Open Life Science about being a fiscal sponsor.
- Note about regular online and in person meetings for this month - standard text each time
- Note about big things like NZ RSE and RSEAA
- One news item (if appropriate) and then a link to the item.
- Question from one person in the community about an official chat for RSE eg. Slack or Discord. There is already a Code@Melbourne Discord server setup by Grace.
- Discord server could be used to having scheduled times to mingle
- RSE TED talks