Recognising RSE Contributions to Research
The RSE-AUNZ Steering Committee is pleased to announce the Birds-of-a-Feather session at C3DIS - Metrics for Measuring the Contributions of Research Software Engineers. The goals of the session are:
- To identify the various aspects of RSE contributions to research, and
- Agree on metrics that can realistically capture those RSE contributions.
Further details are available on the C3DIS abstract:
- Metrics for Measuring the Contributions of Research Software Engineers
- Date & Time: July 8, 2021 14:00 - 15:00 (AEST)
We would also like to highlight the BoF organised by Tom Honeyman (ARDC) - A National Approach to Research Software. That session will also have material relevant to RSE interests, particularly around having career pathways for RSEs. Further details here:
- A National Approach to Research Software
- Date & Time: July 6, 2021 14:00 - 15:00 (AEST)
We encourage everyone to join both of these sessions, if possible. Your presence will help us capture the breadth of RSE roles and perspectives that exist.
(on behalf of the RSE-AUNZ Steering Committee)